About Our Classes & Private Group Parties
Interested in taking a class or booking a private group class for a special occasion here at Ella Vanilla? Be sure to read the following details to ensure a good time!
- Our shop is very small and cozy! We can fit up to 5 people in our classes for lots of individualized attention. Please be aware that we DO NOT have room for infants, young children or any other non-participating people to stay and watch a class. EXCEPT- for private group classes- 1 host adult is required to stay for groups with kids under the age of 13, and are allowed to stay if you like for kids 13 and older.
- We use yummy pre-made cakes and icing from Night Kitchen Bakery. Neither Night Kitchen Bakery nor Ella Vanilla are nut free facilities. Although there are no peanuts or tree nuts in the product ingredients, there is always a chance of cross contamination as both facilities handle nuts. Other common food allergens that our in the products include but aren’t limited to: Eggs, Dairy, Soy, and Wheat. Any adult booking a children’s private party or class is responsible for safeguarding that all children in their party do not have food allergies, as Night Kitchen Bakery nor Ella Vanilla are responsible should an allergic reaction occur.
- Please arrive promptly to class! We need to pack a lot of cool cake techniques into our lessons within a given amount of time. If you arrive late, we’ll do our best to catch you up to speed.
- Olive, our mascot French bulldog is super friendly and usually here to greet our guests. If you aren’t a dog fan, please let us know to ensure she is elsewhere during your visit.
Please contact us for more details about what’s included in our private group classes or any other questions you may have.
About Our Products
Are any of the edible decorations free of common food allergens?
Unfortunately, at this time Ella Vanilla does NOT guarantee that any of our products are free of common food allergens. Although many products that we sell are manufactured, packaged and distributed by leading cake suppliers- only those packaged goods that are clearly marked free of allergens should be used at the buyer’s discretion. Please contact us directly with any questions about these products.
Please Note: Any specialty sprinkles, jimmies, sugar pearls, confetti or any other edible decorations in Ella Vanilla labled packaging is handled by a third party packaging facility that also handles products that may come in contact with Wheat, Dairy, Eggs, Soy and Nuts. If you have any particular questions about our products, please contact us directly, but we do not guarantee any allergy free products and the use of our edible decorations should be at the buyer’s own risk.
Are any of the edible decorations Kosher?
Many of the products that we sell that are manufactured by leading cake suppliers are Kosher and labeled with the kosher symbol. However, any edible decorations packaged with an Ella Vanilla label are NOT Kosher at this time. If you have specific questions or requests, please contact us directly and we will do our best to accommodate your needs. We hope to have a better line of Kosher products as we grow.
Secure Online Purchasing
Protecting your credit card information is our highest priority. Ella Vanilla does not retain or have access to any sensitive credit card information. All online transactions are processed through our merchant account with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. SSL encrypts your order information and sends it to a secure server. After a transaction, Ella Vanilla does not save or have access to any of your credit card information.
Breakage or Missing Products
What if some edible decorations broke during shipment?
We know that many of the decorations are very fragile and can break during shipment. We package with the utmost care and hope that your deliver man doesn’t drop-kick your package to your door! We can not be liable for products once they leave our facility, however, if you feel that they were packaged improperly, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate. We want our clients to be happy!
Shipments in the continental United States: Should you find that an excessive number of decorations broke during shipment, please contact Ella Vanilla no more than 7 days after delivery confirmation date and we will do our best to accommodate you. We want our clients to be happy! Replacement decorations can be purchased after the 7-day grace period.
Hawaii, Alaska, and International Shipments: At this time, Ella Vanilla takes no responsibility for goods shipped outside of the continental United States once they leave our facility.
What if my delivery is missing something?
We sincerely apologize if this is the case and will do what we can to rectify the issue quickly. Please contact Ella Vanilla with the purchase order number within 7 days after delivery confirmation date and we will rectify the problem as soon as possible.
How are shipping charges calculated?
UPS and US Postal Service shipping charges are calculated based on order weight, destination address and delivery service selected. There is a minimum fee for 1 pound even if the package weighs less.
We try to get packages out a.s.a.p., but please allow 1-3 business days to process your order of in-stock items before shipment. We do not ship on weekends or national holidays. Actual shipping time depends on the delivery service selected at the time of purchase.
- See UPS Ground Map to the right or UPS.com for other shipping options from our zip code 19118.
- For USPS delivery, please see US Postal Service Website for timetables and delivery options from zip code 19118.
Is there a way to rush the processing time on my online order?
Yes. Call us with your rush order and we’ll do our best to accommodate, but please keep in mind that Ella Vanilla can’t promise expedited service and is not responsible for the delivery time once the package leaves our facility. Be sure to select the appropriate shipping service to receive your package in time.
Do you ship to Alaska, Hawaii and internationally?
Yes, but at this time all sales outside of the continental United States are FINAL and no returns or exchanges will be accepted. Ella Vanilla takes no responsibility for the contents of the package once it leaves our facility for international destinations or to Hawaii and Alaska, nor can we guarantee the state of goods upon arrival. International customers are responsible for all duties, customs requirements and any other additional shipping costs.
What should I do if my purchase hasn’t arrived as scheduled?
Please use the US Postal Service or UPS tracking number that you received when placing the order to check the status of your package delivery. Should there be any problems with your delivery, please contact UPS or USPS directly. Ella Vanilla is not responsible for the package once it leaves our facility, but we will try to assist as best we can on our end so please let us know if there is an issue!
To track your package with US Postal Service (USPS) please visit www.USPS.com or call 1-800-ASK-USPS.
To track your package with UPS, please visit www.UPS.com or call UPS at 1-800-742-5877.
Ella Vanilla wants you to be happy with your purchase. We strongly suggest that all purchases be inspected upon delivery to ensure the content’s safe arrival.
- Returns or exchanges may be made on any cake decorating kits or other products with a Return Code up to 7 days from the original delivery confirmation date for a refund, less shipping costs. Deductions will be taken for any missing, damaged, open, or used products. All return packages must be postmarked within 7 days from the original delivery confirmation date to receive the full refund.
- Store credit will be issued for returns after the 7-day grace period has ended, minus shipping fees and deductions for any missing, open, damaged, or used products.
- Non-perishable items such as cake decorating tools and food color gel can be returned or exchanged in their original packaging if unused and unopened up to 30 days from original purchase, minus shipping charges.
- Opened edible products may not be returned.
- No returns or exchanges after 30 days from original purchase date.
How to Return an Online Purchase
Please call or email Ella Vanilla for a return code. You MUST have a return code for any returned online purchases. Customers pay return shipping. All packages should be sent via an insured carrier in order to track the parcel. Ella Vanilla is not responsible for any return packages lost in transit.
Mail your item(s) back with the Return Code or drop it off at our shop at the following address:
7922 Germantown Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19118
We hate spam too! Any contact information you provide to Ella Vanilla will be held in the strictest of confidence. We do not share, sell, or disclose any of your personal information with outside companies or third parties.
Social Media Policy
We love to see photos of what you made with Ella Vanilla products, but please be aware that if you email us a photo or share a photo with us on social media, you give Ella Vanilla the right to use this photo on our company social media sites without prior notice or written approval. We never give out last names or any personal info- we just like to show off the great creations you all make with our kits and products. If you don’t want your photo shared on our social media pages, please let us know! We still love to see photos, but wont share it if requested.