- This event has passed.
Beyond Basics II Series of 4 Classes- Day 1 of 4
June 6 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Beyond Basics II Series is for Adults 18 and older who have taken our Beyond Basics I OR already know how to ice and cover a cake in fondant icing.
Already know how to ice a cake properly and cover a cake in fondant but want to learn way more? This is a great series of 4 cake decorating classes that teaches you a slew of cool techniques to finesse your cake decorating skills to the next level. You’ll complete the series with a wide range of advanced cake decorating techniques. As your Final Project, you’ll decorated 6-inch vanilla cake to wow friends and family! See the full class curriculum below.
Class Dates- Thursdays, June, 6, 13, 20 & 27, 2019 from 7 pm to 9:30 pm.
Price: $395 for all 4 classes. Class size is limited to 4 people for lots of personalized one-on-one instruction! All supplies are provided. Students enjoy 20% off supplies in the shop during the series!
Please Note: All students must have either taken our Beyond Basics I series, or provide photos of cakes you’ve made that demonstrate that you are already skilled in icing a cake and covering a cake in fondant icing.
Purchase by calling (215) 909-9392, emailing Noelle@EllaVanilla.com or stopping by the shop
You’ll Learn How To:
- Create realistic-looking gum paste flowers with specialty cutters, ball tool and petal pad (Rose, Calla, Daisy & Leaves)
- Create the quilted effect with a quilting wheel
- Make a variety of toppers, borders and decorations with specialty tools, such as silicon molds, ribbon cutter wheel, extruder, crimpers and stencils
- Create 2 styles of whimsical bows
- Make a 3-D life-sized baby shoe cake topper in gum paste
- Paint with petal dust, luster dust and edible metallic paints
- Decorate a real, two layer 6 inch cake covered in fondant decorated in the quilting technique and decorated with elements you’ve made.
- And much more!