- This event has passed.
Beyond Basics Pro Series- Class 1 of 5
September 13, 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Adults 18+ Beginner/Intermediate- Ready to advance your cake decorating skills to a more professional level? Join us for our 5 session series Beyond Basics with cake artist Noelle DeSantis, owner of Ella Vanilla. Each class builds on what’s taught in the previous session- starting with basic cake structure, icing, covering a cake in fondant, and then moving into more advanced piping, fondant and gum paste techniques. You’ll complete the series with a wide range of new techniques and as a Final Project, leave with a fully decorated 6-inch vanilla cake designed by you and ready to wow friends and family! See class curriculum below.
Class Dates- Wednesdays, September 13, 20, 27 and October 4, 11, 2017 from 7 pm to 9:30 pm. Sorry no make-up classes if missed. This class is intended for Adult Beginners and Intermediates ages 18+.
Price: $475 for all 5 classes. Students enjoy 20% off supplies in the shop. Class size is limited to 4 people for lots of personalized one-on-one instruction! All supplies are provided.
Purchase by calling (215) 909-9392, emailing Noelle@EllaVanilla.com or stopping by the shop
You’ll Learn How To:
- Level, fill and stack a two layer 6-inch round cake
- Work with buttercream icing
- Ice a cake with an offset spatula and a side scraper for smooth finish
- Work with fondant
- Cover a cake in fondant
- Create realistic-looking flowers in gum paste (rose, calla, daisy & leaves)
- Use quilting wheel tool to create the quilting technique
- Create a decorative border with a crimper tool
- Make ribbon rose toppers
- Stack a multi-tiered cake (by demonstration)
- Create evenly spaced stripes and garland swags
- Use silicon molds, ribbon cutter wheel, extruder and specialty tools
- Create whimsical bows, ruffles and ribbon roses
- Make fondant decorations with specialty plunger cutters and cookie cutters
- Use specialty alphabet cutters
- Paint with petal and luster dusts
- Properly fill and use a piping bag, coupler and tips
- Pipe a star, shell border, bead border, rosette, leaf, grass and basket weave
- Design and create a Final Project cake based on what you’ve learned