- This event has passed.
Beyond Basics I Series of 4 Classes- Day 1 of 4 SOLD OUT
March 5 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Adults 18+ Beginner/Intermediate- Ready to advance your cake decorating skills to a more professional level? Join us for our 4 session series Beyond Basics I with cake artist Noelle DeSantis, owner of Ella Vanilla. Each class builds on what’s taught in the previous session- starting with basics like cake structure, icing, and then moving into piping, covering a cake in fondant and some cool fondant techniques to up your decorating game. During the course, you’ll create two 6-inch vanilla cakes decorated in the techniques you learned to share with friends and family! Please see the full curriculum below.
Class Dates- Thursdays, March 5, 12, 19 & 26, 2020 from 7 pm to 9:30 pm. This class is intended for Adult Beginners Ages 18+.
Price: $395 for all 4 classes. Students enjoy 15% off supplies in the shop. Class size is limited to 4 people for lots of personalized one-on-one instruction! All supplies are provided during class.
Purchase by calling (215) 909-9392, emailing Noelle@EllaVanilla.com or stopping by the shop
You’ll Learn How To:
- Level and ice a two layer cake
- Work with buttercream icing
- Ice a cake with an offset spatula and a side scraper for smooth finish
- Color and work with fondant icing
- Cover a cake in fondant icing
- Make fondant ribbon roses
- Create evenly spaced stripes
- Make gum paste roses and leaves
- Create fondant decorations and plaques with specialty cutters, silicon molds, and texture matts
- Properly fill and use a piping bag, coupler and tips
- Pipe a star, shell border, bead border, rosette, leaf, grass and basket weave
- and much more!