- This event has passed.
Santa’s Hat 8-Inch Carved Cake (Intermediate)
December 13, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Intermediate Class- Adults and people 16+ who already know how to cover a cake in fondant.
Learn some fantastic cake decorating skills as you create this whimsical 3-D Santa’s Hat cake with cake artist Diane Fehder, owner of Diane Michelle Cakes. Diane will share her expertise in cake sculpting as she guides you through this 3 hour class packed with advanced cake decorating techniques. Each student will work on their own extra tall 8-inch vanilla cake with vanilla icing, and leave with fully decorated cake ready to wow friends and family.
You’ll learn how to:
- Stack and ice a multi-layered cake
- Carve a multi-layered cake into a 3-D hat shape
- Ice a carved-cake to enhance the 3-D effect
- Cover your cake in a combination of fondant and modeling chocolate for a flawless look
- Use modeling tools, gum paste, fondant and modeling chocolate to create realistic accents
- Make a gum paste holly bunch with specialty cutters
- How to use a Brule Torch (by demonstration only)
- And much more!
Cost: $145 for a 3 hour lesson with all supplies included. Students get a 15% OFF Coupon for supplies purchased in our retail shop (excludes gift certificates)
Purchase Class by email at Info@EllaVanilla.com, by phone at (215) 909-9392 with your credit card or stop by the shop.
- Minimum of 3 students to hold the class and a maximum of 4 students. Our space is cozy!
- This class is for Adults and kids 16+ who already know how to cover a cake in fondant icing.
- Cake provided by Night Kitchen Bakery. YUM!
- Classes start on time, so please be prompt so you don’t miss out on anything important!
- We’re sorry. There are no refunds on classes unless cancelled or rescheduled by Ella Vanilla